Door County, WI (PRWEB)
September 26, 2017
As the days get shorter and the air gets crisp, escape to Door County to experience autumn. Celebrate the season with a hike in a state park or visit an orchard to pick fresh apples. Visitors can plan their vacation today at DoorCounty.com or by calling the Door County Visitor Bureau toll free at 800-527-3529.
October Special Events
Enjoy a fall getaway with a So Delicious, So Door County lodging package, now through October 22. Visitors can choose dozens of special culinary packages offering luxurious lodging, scrumptious food, a $25 Door County gift certificate and more!
- View creative pumpkin displays at Egg Harbor’s annual Pumpkin Patch Festival weekend, October 7-8.
- Press apples to make fresh cider at Washington Island’s Fall Fun Fest and Cider Pressing Party, October 7-8.
- Explore Door County lighthouses during the Fall Lighthouse Festival, October 7-8.
- Celebrate the 72nd year of Sister Bay Fall Fest with a parade, live entertainment, food, and crafts, October 13-15.
- Listen to haunting original music at Dark Songs at Third Avenue Playhouse, October 27-28.
- For the most comprehensive list of events, visit http://www.DoorCounty.com/events.
State and County Park Activities
Door County offers 5 state parks and 19 county parks across the 70-mile-long peninsula. Each park offers a variety of recreational opportunities and scenic beauty.
Lace up the running shoes for Potawatomi State Park’s Run Wild 2017, October 7.
- Take in a breathtaking view at Ellison Bluff County Park.
- Hit the links while viewing beautiful fall colors at Peninsula State Park golf course.
- Get a bird’s eye view of the fall colors at the top of Potawatomi State Park’s lookout…