Transportation hearing set for Conway | Local News

CONWAY — Area residents will have the chance to share with the state their transportation-related concerns next week at a public hearing on the 2019-2028 Ten Year Plan hosted by the Governor’s Advisory Commission on Intermodal Transportation.

Conway selectmen also want to get the state to do several planned upgrades in Conway Village by 2019. 

The hearing is set for Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. at Conway Town Hall. It is one of 19 scheduled around the state between Sept. 11 and Oct. 26. 

GACIT consists of the five executive councilors as voting members and state Commissioner of Transportation Victoria Sheehan.

Conway’s meeting will be led by District 1 Executive Councilor Joe Kenney, who said that he and a member of the DOT leadership team will attend.

Kenney said area residents are encouraged to attend and ask questions about the Ten Year Plan.

Earlier that day, Kenney will lead other Ten Year Plan meetings in Errol (9 a.m.) and Berlin (2 p.m.). He will also lead one on Sept. 21 in Lebanon, and co-host one on Sept. 28 in Rochester with District 2 Councilor Andru Volinsky.

Feedback gathered at the hearings will be used to make changes in the state’s Ten Year Plan, which would be completed in June 2018 and adopted into law. 

Public Works Director Paul DegliAngeli, Town Manager Tom Holmes and selectmen discussed the upcoming hearing at Tuesday’s selectmen’s meeting. 

The Main Street Project involves ripping up Route 16 through Conway Village and replacing a water main that has leaded joints; repaving the road and building sidewalks. The work is a collaboration between the Conway Village Fire District, the state and the town. The town’s share of the project is about $386,000. 

Another project involves intersection and light enhancements at the Four Corners (Route 16, Pleasant Street and Washington Street) and the Irving station (Routes…

Article Source…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *