Buying a second hand caravan is similar to buying a second hand car or house – there are a number of things that you have to check and do that you do not have to when you are buying new. Use these tips to help you ensure that you are getting the best price, the best quality and the best caravan shopping experience:
- Caravan or camper van? You will need to know the answer to this question before you go shopping, as a caravan and a camper van do differ slightly to each other. If you plan on travelling around a lot and just stopping for a night or two, a camper van is going to be the best choice for you. If you plan on spending a week or two in the same spot, then a second hand caravan will be your best choice.
- Size really does matter Ultimately, the bigger the caravan you buy the more spacious and luxurious it will be inside. It will also play a role in how many people you can comfortably sleep in your van – the bigger it is, the more beds will be provided for your guests’ comfort. You also need to take into account how much weight your vehicle can legally tow – there is no point in buying a caravan that you cannot take anywhere.
- Do your research When you’re thinking about purchasing a second hand caravan you should always do as much research as possible. Research the different models available; see what other people are paying for them new and second hand; look at whether there are any notorious problems associated with a brand or model.
- Check the seller Once you have come across a caravan that you are really interested in buying, your work doesn’t stop there. You need to make sure that you are working with a legitimate dealer or seller – there are plenty of people around who would like to scam you out of your hard earned cash.
- Check the caravan inside and outside It is highly important that you thoroughly check a potential second hand caravan purchase inside and outside to ensure you aren’t buying a huge nightmare. The most important thing to check…