This opportunity to prepare and present a financial plan is a basic practical application of what we do for our clients in the real world…H.Stephen Bailey, IARFC Chairman and CEO.
Middletown, OH (PRWEB)
January 12, 2018
The National Financial Plan Competition is organized through the IARFC for undergraduate students in a financial services curriculum. Initially, participants were given a fictional case study of a family with an overview of their financial picture. From that, teams were asked to produce a financial plan with recommendations for current and future action. Completed plans were then sent to the IARFC headquarters where the top scored six teams advanced to the next level.
The Semi-Finalist teams scheduled to explain their financial plans this year include:
- Victoria Albanese from Bryant University in Smithfield, RI – Mara Derderian Professor;
- Bonnie Dang and Ashley Nobel from California State University Northridge in Northridge, CA – Dr. Inga Chira Professor;
- Jocelyn Li and Presley Fee from University of Illinois in Urbana, IL – Dr. Craig Lemoine Professor;
- Barbara Mora Alcazar and Rebecca Nydam from University of North Texas in Denton, TX – Dave Ragan Professor;
- Carolyn Searcy from University of North Texas in Denton, – Dave Ragan Professor;
- Taylor Westergard and Charles Stermetz from Utah Valley University in Orem, UT, – Luke Dean Professor.
The IARFC feels this competition gives students an exercise in real-world practice – that of analyzing a client’s situation and critically thinking a course of action. In many cases, professors have used this exercise as part of their curriculum.
Once the IARFC Board makes their selections, up to three teams will prepare a live presentation of their plan during the…