Now that this incredibly comprehensive tax reform bill is on the verge of becoming law, we look forward to educating CPAs and tax practitioners about the far-reaching impacts to their businesses and clients.
DEVON, Pa. (PRWEB)
December 21, 2017
With the final Tax Cuts and Jobs Act now awaiting President Trump’s signature—and many clients already asking their accountants what they should do this year in light of the bill’s provisions—Surgent’s internal team of tax experts has prepared an all-new professional education webinar, Critical Tax Reform Update for CPAs: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TACT). This essential CPE course will first air live on Friday, December 22nd, with subsequent dates in December and throughout January.
The course will be presented by a panel of Surgent’s experts, who will provide CPAs and tax practitioners with a deep understanding of what’s in the final tax reform bill, as well as ways to effectively communicate how the final changes will impact individual and business clients.
The four-hour live webinar will cover the new law in a highly practical way so attendees will fully understand the changes and appreciate the impact of:
- Reduction in individual and corporate tax rates
- Taxation of pass-through entities
- Deduction of home mortgage interest
- State and local tax deductions
- New alimony rules
- Repeal of the Obamacare individual mandate
- Standard deduction and itemized deductions
- Child tax credit
- Use of §529 accounts
- Survival of personal AMT and repeal of corporate AMT
- Estate and gift tax
- New limitations on business losses
- New depreciation rules and §179 expensing
- Business interest
- Modification of NOL…