• Americans have borrowed $12.7 trillion, more than they did at the height of the credit bubble in 2008.
• At its annual developers’ conference on Wednesday, Google described a future in which people interact with the company all day, so seamlessly that they barely notice.
Our tech columnist says it’s tech giants like Google, not governments, that are building — and owning — the future.
• Business travelers often suffer from hotel gloom. Here’s how to ward it off.
• Writing and editing your personal story can make you happier and healthier.
• Recipe of the day: Go old school with hard shell tacos.
• “I’ve learned to go into the unknown.”
In today’s 360 video, watch rock climbers with disabilities learn techniques at Joshua Tree National Park.