• Truck driving was once a route into the American middle class. It is now low-paying, grinding, unhealthy work. We talked with drivers about why they do it.
• Citigroup agreed to pay $97.4 million to settle a long-running inquiry into money laundering.
• Embrace change in your marriage; your spouse won’t remain the same.
• How to find child care while you’re traveling.
• Recipe of the day: A glaze to give New York strip steak a kick.
• The car spins. Tires squeal. She relaxes.
In today’s 360 video, get behind the wheel with Stacey Lee May, one of South Africa’s first female professional car spinners.
• Partisan writing you shouldn’t miss.
Read about how the other side thinks: “Trump derangement syndrome,” the likelihood of impeachment, and a progressive argument against “Buy American.”
• “What does it mean, Google? Is it a bird?”
India produces some exceptional coders, but many of its citizens have little sense of the online world.
The internet’s arrival in their lives is a story of hope.
• Inside Nike’s Oregon Project.
The world’s largest manufacturer of athletic apparel is working to make American distance running relevant again on the international stage.
But The Times obtained a confidential…